Call for “Situation Papers” to be submitted to ApiExpo Africa 2018, Abuja – Nigeria
Tuesday 25th – Saturday 29th September 2018
The Country Situation Paper will be orally presented in about 20 minutes. Selected papers will be published in a special publication; The African Honey Magazine before and after the event!
Deadlines are as follows:
Submission of Abstracts: 30 June 2018 at 5:00 pm Local Time (Nigeria).
Confirmation of Abstracts: 31 July 2018 at 5:00 pm Local Time (Nigeria).
Submission of Full Papers: 31 August 2018 at 5:00 pm Local Time (Nigeria).
Please note that paper presentations will take place on Wednesday 26th, Thursday 27th and Friday 28th of September
In order for the paper to get accepted, it should respect the following requirements:
- The paper has to be written in English.
- Use MS Word for the main document and power point presentation (for the summary to be presented).
- The paper should not exceed 4 pages (2,500 words).
- The text (including tables) should be single-spaced; left and right justified and typed using a 12-point Times New Roman font. The text should be typeset on A4 and a 3.5 cm margin on left side of the page is desirable, while all other sides may be kept to 2.5 cm. Separate paragraphs by a blank line and do not indent at the beginning of paragraphs.
- Use italics for names of species (e.g. Homo sapiens), and Latin expressions (e.g. et al. and ad lib).
- The title should be upper case and bold. Include the names of all authors / presenters. The email address of the leading presenter / author should be given.
- Tables and Figures: please submit high quality figures, photos and tables that are clearly legible. Poor quality figures will not be redrawn.
- Before submitting the paper, please have a look at the print out of the document: Please make sure that the graphs are readable and the fonts are not too small.
Give the file the name: Name_ApiExpo_Africa_2018.doc (e.g. Ngozi_Adichie_ApiExpo_Africa_2018.doc)
The structure of the paper (MUST be followed)
- Introduction (description of apiculture sector in your country)
- Key issues in the sector, with facts and figures
- Key interventions in the sector, results and conclusions
- Challenges in the sector
- Proposed future interventions
Submit papers to: